Birmingham Civil Litigation Attorneys
Staunch advocates bring a fresh perspective in the Birmingham metro-area and Blount County, Alabama.
Civil litigation involves many different topics and causes of action. Our attorneys At King, Green, & Dobson, LLC are strong advocates with significant hands-on litigation experience representing businesses of all sizes and local municipalities. We work hard to resolve your case efficiently and get you the restitution you deserve.
Sound legal advice and creative strategies set us apart
We firmly believe that each client deserves personalized and professional legal representation. Our Birmingham lawyers devote their time and energy to thoroughly researching and preparing for the challenges each case brings. We routinely represent clients involved in:
• Contract disputes — Contract disputes can lead to lengthy and complex litigation. Our attorneys have extensive experience representing both individuals and businesses. Common contract disputes arise out of fraud, misrepresentation, breach of contract and nonperformance. We provide the information and resources you need to assess possible causes of action and defenses to breach of contract allegations.
• Commercial litigation — Commercial law is often referred to as business law and involves businesses engaged in trade, sales, commerce and merchandising. The Uniform Commercial Code governs the rights and responsibilities of most transactions. Regulatory agencies, such as the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), also control business practices. Consumer protection is an important branch of commercial law.
• Real estate disputes — Our Birmingham law firm often represents clients engaged in real estate transactions. We handle cases involving partnership agreements, land use and zoning requirements, breach of a contract for sale or lease, tax disputes and title discrepancies.
• Municipal and Utility law — Our attorneys represent several municipalities and utilities and have extensive experience in providing our clients with advice ranging from regulatory compliance, drafting of ordinances, contract review, ethical compliance, employment issues, and defense/litigation of claims.
Civil litigation cases are often restricted by statutes of limitation that impact how long you can wait to file a lawsuit. If you have been sued, it is important to consult an experienced attorney who will protect your rights and help you comply with all legal requirements.
Types of damages available in civil litigation cases
There are two types of damages: compensatory and punitive.
• Compensatory damages cover any economic losses, such as lost business revenue and lost wages.
• Punitive damages are available in cases involving egregious misconduct and are designed to punish the wrongdoer and deter future offenses.
We don’t stand for injustice and neither should you
At King, Green, & Dobson, LLC our attorneys have the hands-on trial experience you need to succeed in court. Our offices are conveniently located in Birmingham and Blount County, and each offers ample parking. Call us at 205.937.3687 or contact us online to discuss your case today.